If you love to stay pretty and chic, then you cannot ignore something as trivial as nails. Doing your hair and wearing the perfect make-up is definitely in but you cannot rule out nail care. Your hands speak a lot about your personality, so caring for your nails is a must!
Why is it difficult to maintain healthy nails?
Often, people find it a very daunting task to maintain healthy nails. This results into brittle and under nourished nails. The reason as to why it is difficult to maintain beautiful and healthy nails is that since nails are dead and not a living tissue, hence they cannot repair themselves. So, it becomes important for you to care for them and if you find them brittle, cracked or if they simply refuse to grow, then it’s time to gear up and nourish them!
How to strengthen nails?
It’s time to say goodbye to un-healthy nails and welcome smooth and gorgeous nails. Here are some easy and quick tips which can help you to get all your answers for strengthening your nails-
- Ensure proper Nutrition: It is important to have healthy eating habits for your nails too. According to a popular adage, “You are what you eat”, works for nails too. Eat foods which are rich in omega-3 fats. An easy source for these healthy fats is walnuts and almonds. In addition you need to eat foods which are loaded with iron and protein. You can also buy a pack of multi vitamins to supplement your nutritional needs. Lack of essential vitamins including A and C can lead to brittle and dry nails. If at all you see white spots on your nails, they might be pointing to the lack of calcium. Moreover this is a clear indication of brittle nails. So load your diet with all these ingredients since all these substances not only improve your nail health but also give way to beautiful, shiny hair!
- Drink lots of Water: Make sure that you drink plenty of water. No doubt, that drinking a lot of water promotes your overall health but it can also help fortifying dry and weak nails by hydrating them.
- Avoid junk food: If you are consuming the right food for your nails that is rich in vitamins and minerals, it won’t do any good if you are also consuming “junk” foods. You need to quit on low quality junk foods which can pose danger to your nail health. Avoid alcohol, caffeine and fatty foods which will not only affect your overall well-being but be a barrio to healthy and gorgeous nails.
- Nail polish and nail removers: Coat your nails with good nail paint. If you are fond of applying nail paints, then make sure that you do not remove the nail polish frequently. This will require the application of nail polish remover which can dry your nails. So, it is better to invest in a quality nail polish remover and use it as infrequently as you can. A good habit is to refrain from using nail polish removers from more than once every week
- Healthy nail care habits: Most of the people have the tendency to bite nails. You should refrain from this as it can severely affect the health of nail and even distort it. Do not peel off your nail paint or push back your cuticles using any metallic items. If you encounter nail problems such as peeling nails, then you can also switch to a stellar quality nail strengthener. You can easily get a nail strengthener in a good cosmetic store. These are some basic nail care tips which though obvious are usually ignored by people. It’s important to adopt healthy practices to keep your nails well nourished.
- File your nails : Your nails have to undergo a lot of wear and tear daily because of the daily chores you perform. As such it is a healthy practice to file your nails regularly since it keeps your nail edges uniform but make sure that you are using an appropriate nail file. This is an important nail care and maintenance tip and you can certainly spare 5 minutes every day from your hectic routine!
- Prevent damage: Though you cannot stop performing your daily chores, but you can certainly protect your nails from the harsh treatment. Wear gloves while washing utensils, gardening, washing clothes so that they are protected from chemical rich cleaners or detergents which can damage them. So, the next time you step into your kitchen, make sure that your nails are protected!
- Massage your nails: Your body is energized with a healthy massage, so do your nails. Massaging is important as it stimulates the blood circulation to your nails so that you can enjoy healthy and long nails. In addition, you can use some great hand creams and lotions that moisturize your nails. There are cuticle creams available for treating dry cuticles and damaged nails as they are loaded with vitamin E. Massaging a good cuticle cream around your nails every night, can do wonders!
- Soak nails in olive oil: This is one of the easiest nail care tips which you can use. If you have weak and thin nails, then you can soak them in extra virgin oil on a daily basis for 10-15 min. This regime has to be followed for a month and then you can limit it to twice a week. For all the ladies who constantly encounter nail problems and are fed up of damaged and peeling nails, this is a great treatment.
- Moisturize nails: Often your hands may feel dry and this is a very common complaint. Make it a point to use cuticle oil, castor oil or petroleum jelly around the nails and cuticle before retiring to bed.
It’s important to care for your nails as you care for your body. To create a lasting impression, it is not only important to be well dressed and groomed but also to have healthy and beautiful nails. So are you giving your nails the much needed attention and nourishment?
So if you are wondering how to strengthen nails, then this page gives you some of the best nail care tips that are essential for your nail nourishment. If you are seeking healthy and long nails, read on to know some quick and easy tips.